call_us 1-800-508-8165

Will get rid of all my convictions?
Under certain circumstances, such as if your convictions occurred while you were a juvenile, the law may allow you to erase more than one criminal conviction. Call us today at 1-800-508-8165 and well tell you about your options under the law.

Will it still show up on my background check?
No. Once an offense has been expunged, state agencies in New Jersey that have records of the offense may not release it to anyone. The records can only be accessed under very limited circumstances. The law will treat the arrest or conviction as though it never occurred under most circumstances.

Can it still be used against me for a future conviction?
Yes, if you are ever charged with another offense in the future, expunged records can be accessed and then used by courts and prosecutors for purposes of setting bail, preparing a pre-sentence report, or determining your sentence for that future offense.

Do I have to disclose it ever?
Once an arrest or conviction has been expunged, you can deny it as though it never existed. However, if you are seeking employment with any court or any law enforcement or corrections agency, you must disclose the conviction.

Can I become a schoolteacher, nurse, or other occupation?
State licensing agencies will not have any access to records that have been expunged. Thus, once expunged, you can deny the existence of the offense and the agency will likely not ever find out about it.

Do I need to hire an attorney or can I do it myself?
We offer you two great options for getting your record erased. You can choose to have us complete the basic petition for expungement and provide you with instructions on everything else, or we can have a licensed attorney do it all.

Do I have to go to court?
No, we go for you. If the court requests your presence and you are unable to make it then we will request for your presence to be excused. How long does the process take? Typically, five to six months. This is not something that we control. Your criminal conviction cannot be erased without the approval of a court. The court determines how long the case takes to be heard and resolved.

Can it be done faster?
The courts work on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, the sooner you sign up, the sooner it is heard and decided. How do I know what is going on with my case? You can contact us by phone. We will provide the latest information we have on the status of your case.

Does it matter if I pled guilty or no contest?
No, it does not matter. If you have a conviction that is eligible for expungement, it does not matter whether you pled guilty/no contest or were convicted after a trial.

What if I don’t know exactly what is on my record?
We will be glad to work with you to get a copy of your record and to review what can be done.

What happens after my conviction is expunged?

You can legally deny that your conviction ever existed. The records will be tightly sealed and not released to the general public.

How do the agencies know it was granted?
The court will provide you a written order for expungement, which directs all agencies that have records of the offense to act according to the order.

How long does it take for the records to be updated?
The court will update its records and send the order to the agencies to comply. The agencies will then updates their records and this normally takes 30 days.

What is the main reason that my expungement petition is denied?
If it is denied, it could be because of (1) an inaccuracy in the court file, (2) an inaccuracy in the application, (3) you have not followed all of the correct procedures, (4) the court does not believe it will be in the interest of society to grant you the expungement, or (5) you or the particular offense is otherwise not eligible for expungement.

What if my case is denied?
Our service fees are not refundable. If the case is denied, we evaluate the reason for the denial and determine the best way to proceed. If we do not believe that re-filing would be successful or we recommend the person wait longer to re-file, then we will let you know at that time.

Will it relieve me of the requirement to register?
In most cases, no. Most offenses that require sex offender registration are not eligible for expungement.

Can I expunge the record if I was convicted?
Most likely, yes. Both arrests and convictions may be eligible for expungement in your state, as long as the other requirements are met. Call us today at 1-800-508-8165 and well tell you about your options under the law.

Will expungement clean up my DMV record?
It would depend upon the state where the conviction occurred. In some stated, motor-related offenses are not eligible for expungement. These can include any offense, such as motor vehicle and traffic regulation, as well as DUI and DWI.

Can I visit Canada after this?
If you have been convicted of minor offenses (including assault, dangerous driving, DUI, theft, shoplifting, unauthorized possession of firearms, possession of illegal substances, etc.) or indictable criminal offenses (including assault with a deadly weapon, manslaughter, etc.) you are prohibited from entrance and further action is required to find out whether you will be allowed entrance. The Canadian government has entered into an information sharing agreement with the United States; so the Canadian government will have whatever information the United States has on record. Therefore, the first thing you should do is clear your criminal record to the fullest extent possible before submitting to a background check. The benefit of this will show the Canadian government that the matter was resolved and no longer considered a conviction and improve the odds of not being denied entry to Canada or being stuck at the border for lengthy interrogation.

Can I get a Sentri pass?
The Border Patrol has discretion in granting or denying Sentri passes. So the only thing we can say for sure is that it would help; so it would be wise to invest in record clearing before applying for a pass. A modest investment in expungement could be the difference between having your request accepted or denied. It will show that you have resolved all matters with the court.

Can I vote after this?
In some states, your voting rights are automatically restored once you complete your sentence. However, getting an expungement may also restore your voting rights.

Will it help with immigration?
It can still be viewed and considered by immigration authorities. You should always disclose convictions to immigration, whether or not it has been expunged. However, the fact that you have made the effort to expunge your conviction may appear better and increase your chances during immigration proceedings.

Can I clear my federal conviction?
You can only expunge certain cases. Typically, you have to show that the conviction was wrongful or unconstitutional. Additionally, a person can apply for a pardon through the President. We do not handle federal cases.

Will this restore my right to own a firearm?
In some states, yes. Some courts have ruled that an expungement restores your gun rights, along with your other basic rights such as voting and serving on a jury. However, there is also a lifetime prohibition from the United States government (Lautenberg Amendment to the Violence Against Women Act), which prohibits firearm ownership of those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence as defined by the federal law. Expungement under state law does not lift the federal prohibition

What if I want to work in a bank?
Section 19 of the FDIA (Federal Deposit Insurance Act) allows banks and other financial institutions to bar prospective employees who have had certain “Breach of Trust” convictions from jobs that they are otherwise qualified for even if they had the conviction expunged. If you have a “breach of trust” conviction and were denied a job with a financial institution because of that conviction, there still is another possible way to obtain that job. It is important to speak with an attorney about your specific circumstances to see if you would qualify for such a waiver from the FDIC